none
How do I connect Google Chrome to Expression Web 4 when I can't find the chrome.exe? RRS feed

• Question

• Well I'm darned if I can find it. Where's the Google Chrome.exe so I can link Expression Web 4 to it for testing and previewing? 

It's got me stumped. Even a thorough search of my system for all the *.exe's can't locate it. 

Saturday, March 12, 2011 10:13 AM

All replies

• In Windows explorer, type
    %AppData%\
    into the address bar, then look for it in one of the folders there (probably the google folder)

These are hidden, system folders so you may have to adjust Windows Explorer settings to see them.

This is the only program I know that has a separate, complete, installation for each user.

Ron Symonds
    Microsoft MVP (Expression Web)

www.rxs-enterprises.org/fp
    Saturday, March 12, 2011 10:45 AM
  • Right-click the Chrome icon on your desktop, choose Properties. You'll see the path to the exe file in there.
    A Wisconsin parable:
    A Billionair­e CEO, a tea partier and a union worker are sitting around a table with a dozen cookies on a plate. The CEO grabs 11 cookies for himself and then tells the tea partier that the union member is after some of "his" cookie.
    Would you like some Koch with that cookie?
    Saturday, March 12, 2011 2:08 PM
  • Right-click the Chrome icon on your desktop, choose Properties. You'll see the path to the exe file in there.

Heh, heh... Windows 101. Windows 3.1 101, that is...   ;-)

cheers,
    scott

Please remember to "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue. It is common courtesy to recognize those who have helped you, and it also makes it easier for visitors to find the resolution later.
    Saturday, March 12, 2011 4:56 PM