none
Address resolution issue RRS feed

• Question

• We have an automated process which utilises the System.Net.Mail. MailMessage command.  The issue is that the From address specified in the code is being resolved to the Active Directory account name.  I have narrowed down the problem to settings set within the receive connector which has been configured to allow mail to be relayed to external addresses.  If I specify the remote server IP address directly the emails sent show the From address that is specified with the code, however if I specify the remote server IP address as a range to include all our server addresses then the From address shows the AD account that is used to manage the required address - this AD account has been configured with 3 SMTP addresses.  I have found that if I leave out Global Catalogue servers within the IP address range then evertyhing works fine it is when they are covered within the range that the issue occurs.  Due to our infrastructure it is easier for us to work with IP ranges so looking to find out a way to resolve this without having to add IP addresses individually.

JR
    Wednesday, November 10, 2010 3:32 PM

All replies

• Whenever setup receive connector in exchange, we should exclude our local server range (Including exchange and DC's) from sender scope.
    Anil
    Friday, November 12, 2010 5:06 PM