none
Saving an Email File in PDF and using the Date, time, and subject as file name RRS feed

• Question

• I often have to save my emails as PDF documents and it would save time if I can save them automatively as a file name that I find useful. Can I create a macro (or VBA) that saves an Email File in PDF and using the Date, time, and subject as file name?  I have novice experience in VBA (Mainly access and word), but would like to learn more. 

As a side note, are there any good PDF VBA and Outlook VBA books out there that you would recommend?

Friday, November 22, 2013 4:45 PM

Answers

• There is nothing in the Outlook object model for saving in PDF format.

There's also nothing for that in the user interface, unless you are running an addin of some sort that provides that capability. In that case the addin would have to supply that ability for you and you'd have to find out about that from the addin author.

Ken Slovak MVP - Outlook

Friday, November 22, 2013 7:45 PM

All replies

• There is nothing in the Outlook object model for saving in PDF format.

There's also nothing for that in the user interface, unless you are running an addin of some sort that provides that capability. In that case the addin would have to supply that ability for you and you'd have to find out about that from the addin author.

Ken Slovak MVP - Outlook

Friday, November 22, 2013 7:45 PM
  • Hi,

Most likely everyone has moved on from this post, but my response may nevertheless be helpful to other users.

Unless I have misunderstood the OPs question, it is possible. I have been able build a VBA macro which saves all emails which the user has selected.

I found this article helpful:

http://www.howto-outlook.com/howto/saveaspdf.htm

• Proposed as answer by Mr Kindaminny Tuesday, July 29, 2014 11:54 PM
    Tuesday, July 29, 2014 11:54 PM
  • Thank you, I periodically check back up.  I will try it out.
    Monday, December 22, 2014 10:01 PM