none
Project Server 2010 Schedule calculated column as a hyperlink RRS feed

• Question

• I am using project server 2010 and would like to add a calculated field in the schedule(Tasks) section of the project so that when a user clicks on it, he gets redirected to a sharepoint list where he can do other work.

I need the calculated field to pass query string parameters to the destination page like the task name, start date etc

Will appreciate any help.

Friday, May 13, 2011 4:52 AM

All replies

• Hi, did finally get information about your last question?

skull01

Wednesday, May 30, 2012 11:28 PM
  • The challenge is that the only column that I believe appears as a hyperlink is the Hyperlink column.  I am not sure if you can interact with that via the PSI, but if so, you could use PSI to concatenate various custom fields to insert a hyperlink.

VBA in MS Project would also do the same.

There're a couple third party tools that offer such things as WBS Dictionaries that have pretty similar functionality.

Andrew Lavinsky [MVP] Blog: http://azlav.umtblog.com Twitter: @alavinsky

Thursday, May 31, 2012 4:16 AM
  • I don't think, that there is an easy route for this. Basically you want to modify the behavior of cells in your calculated field column on the schedule page. These cells are part of a common grid technology referred to as jsgrid. There are a couple of examples out there that illustrate how to work with the jsgrid and the related satellite within the project server context - the context in which the data is already provided by project server through its regular means.

Jan Cirpka

Thursday, May 31, 2012 7:17 AM