parameters combination RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have a question about parameters combination when the action is performed several times.

I have a action Write(,...X,Y,...)

I have a loop in the model, where action Write occur two times. I would like to have all combinations of X and Y in each occurence of action Write.

If I write Combination.NWise(2,X,Y) in action Write, I get all combinations of X and Y in first occurrence of Write, but not in second.

I try to use also Combination.Seeded, but even in this case I do not get all combinatons for second occurrence of Write.

Is there any way to get all combinations for parameters in loops?

Thursday, September 1, 2011 3:57 PM

Answers

• Never mind. Please zip a snapshot next time you encounter the same problem. Thanks!
    Thanks, Yiming
    • Proposed as answer by Yiming Cao Tuesday, September 20, 2011 1:20 AM
    • Marked as answer by Xiang LiModerator Friday, October 14, 2011 7:50 AM
    Thursday, September 15, 2011 2:23 PM

All replies

• Hi, olgri,

Can you paste your cord file here? If it is too complex, please send the project to xiangli@microsoft.com so I can have an investigation.

According to your description, I think Spec Explorer can expand the parameter for the second invocation.

Thanks,

Xiang

Tuesday, September 6, 2011 7:07 AM
  • Hi Xiang,

I had several Requirement.Capture() in the model.cs. When I removed them, I got all combinations in the second invocation.

Do you know why Requirement.Capture() affect parameters generation?

Thanks,

Olga

Friday, September 9, 2011 12:26 PM
  • Hi Olga,

Requirement.Capture shouldn't interfere parameter combination. What you described is quite interesting to investigate. I'm not sure whether you've sent your model to Xiang, and since he's currently on vacation, could you send a copy to me (yimingc@microsoft.com) if possible?

Thanks,

Yiming

Thanks, Yiming
    Thursday, September 15, 2011 10:43 AM
  • Hi Yimimg,

Unfortunately, I have done already a lot of changes in the model. It will be difficult to restore original model.

Thanks,

Olga

Thursday, September 15, 2011 12:26 PM
  • Never mind. Please zip a snapshot next time you encounter the same problem. Thanks!
    Thanks, Yiming
    • Proposed as answer by Yiming Cao Tuesday, September 20, 2011 1:20 AM
    • Marked as answer by Xiang LiModerator Friday, October 14, 2011 7:50 AM
    Thursday, September 15, 2011 2:23 PM