none
typed dataset changes require restarting VS RRS feed

• Question

• Dear all,

I've got a VS2010 ASP.Net 4 project in which I have a typed dataset. This is linked to a SQL Server 2008 database using Stored Procedures for Select, Insert and Update. The problem I'm getting is that when I make any changes to the underlying database (table or stored proc) I cannot update the typed dataset without restarting VS2010 (and also I have to restart VS2010 with the typed dataset tab as the current selected tab). If I don't do this then only half the dataset appears. 

Has anyone seen this or how to fix this problem?

Kind regards

Sidharth

• Moved by lucy-liuModerator Tuesday, May 29, 2012 5:27 AM it is a ado.net issue (From:Visual Studio Editor)
    Thursday, May 24, 2012 11:12 AM

Answers

• Sidharth,

Never sen that. Even more it should not be a solution.

The only thing you have to do is to open the XSD, right click on the pane and then do configure. 

Everything is than created new again.

Success
    Cor

Tuesday, May 29, 2012 9:24 AM

All replies

• Hi Sidharth,

Thank you for your post.

Based on this case relate to ADO .Net DateSet, i am trying to involve someone familiar with this topic to further look at this issue. There might be some time delay. Appreciate your patience.

Thank you for your understanding and support.

Best Regards,

Ego

Friday, May 25, 2012 5:02 AM
  • Hi Sidharth Nayyar,

Welcome to MSDN Forum.

Could you please post some code here? How did you update the database, and after updating, have you refresh the UI?

Best Regards

Allen Li [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us

Tuesday, May 29, 2012 6:03 AM
  • Sidharth,

Never sen that. Even more it should not be a solution.

The only thing you have to do is to open the XSD, right click on the pane and then do configure. 

Everything is than created new again.

Success
    Cor

Tuesday, May 29, 2012 9:24 AM
  • Hi Sidharth Nayyar,

Have you solved the issue? I look forward to hearing from you.

Best Regards

Allen Li [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us

Friday, June 1, 2012 3:31 AM
  • Hi All,

Thanks for the replies. The Dataset has only 5 tables but the tables themselves are very large. I've been updating the database via SQL Management and then updating the Dataset via right clicking and choosing Configure. The issue is that if the Dataset page is not already open in Visual Studio 2010 and I try to open it then only one or two of the tables are rendered and normally not the one that I want to update/configure! So I have to open up the half rendered dataset make sure its the currently selected tab and then close and reopen VS2010.

Cor, the problem with configure (and please do let me know if I'm wrong) is that the configure menu option only appears if I right click on the dataset table. The problem is that

This isn't a huge issue because the way I've got round is that I always keep the Dataset page open in VS2010! I just thought/hoped that someone else might have seen or fixed the problem before.

Kind regards

Sidharth

Monday, June 11, 2012 9:54 AM