none
how to modify/create new DocSetItem page in sharepoint online? RRS feed

• Question

• In sharepoint online, we have a document library with document sets enabled.  I need to put some custom javascript on that page (for validation and a cascading series of drop-downs) - but I can't figure out how to create a newItem form on this document library.

When I open SPDesigner and go to the library, under "forms"  there is no option to create a new "New Item form", only Display and Edit.

I can create a new "Edit" form, and then go to the content type and specify the url of that newly created edit page for the new item form there-  but when I try to create a new item, clicking SAVE doesn't work, and the people-pickers don't work properly either - it just isn't quite right.

is there some other way? I've seen this example - but it is a totally custom new item form, I'd like to just modify the default new item form.

Tuesday, March 14, 2017 9:17 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Seems you want to customize default Document Set new form, however, it’s a system page so we couldn’t customize it currently.

So, you could try the approach you have found.

Best Regards,

Lee

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Wednesday, March 15, 2017 2:36 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Seems you want to customize default Document Set new form, however, it’s a system page so we couldn’t customize it currently.

So, you could try the approach you have found.

Best Regards,

Lee

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Wednesday, March 15, 2017 2:36 AM
  • That solution is undesirable, because it means I would have to manually add and validate all the fields we've added to the document set.  What I did instead was to take the code on that page as an example. I created a new page that uses CSOM to create a new, document set with only the title field completed, and then redirect the user to the edit page for that newly created item.  I then set that page as the default new item page for the document set. 

This way, I don't have to recreate the form for all the fields from scratch.  The delay on the 'new item' page is only a second or two, so it doesn't appear too intrusive for the user - they don't even notice it.

thanks for confirming that there is no way to customized the Document set page.

Monday, March 20, 2017 1:32 PM