none
I cannot install VS 2015 update 2

Question

• Hi,

I had VS 2015 Professional installed, after installing update 2, I cannot use it. I tried to uninstall it, reinstalling, trying to clear all from VS2105, nothing works. I downloaded VS2015 + Update 2, but same issue, when the installation finishes, I cannot use VS, it hangs, I cannot register it, error messages... and, into about windows appears D14RL and not "update 2".

How can I clear all previous VS2015 installation in order to get that my VS works again?

Thanks

Best regards

Julian

Salu2

Sunday, April 3, 2016 2:31 PM

Answers

• Hi Julian,

I installed the VS2015 with update 2 in my windows 10 or 8.1 machine before, it worked well in my side.

Maybe it is the setup or Environment issue.

>>How can I clear all previous VS2015 installation in order to get that my VS works again?

To clean up the previous setup file forcibly, please take the following steps:

1. Download the setup application you used to originally install Visual Studio 2015. If you installed from media, please insert that media.

2. Open the command prompt.
      a. Click Run on the Start menu (Start + R).
      b. Type cmd and press OK (Enter).

3. Type in the full path to the setup application and pass the following command line switches: /uninstall /force
       Example: D:\vs_community.exe /uninstall /force

4.Click the Uninstall button and follow the prompts.

After uninstalling it, please install it from the iso image.

In addition, before you re-install the new VS ISO file with update 2.

(1) please run your windows update and restart your machine.

(2) Please compare the Visual Studio 2015 ISO Files SHA-1 Values, so we could know that it is not your ISO file issue.

https://www.visualstudio.com/en-us/downloads/visual-studio-2015-iso-sha1-vs.aspx

(2) And then run the ISO file as the admin and close the "security" software like Anti-virus or firewall or others, re-install it again.

Best Regards,

Jack

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Monday, April 4, 2016 2:53 AM