Can't connect using windows authentication to azure cube over Azure SSIS /SSIS run time created in ADF RRS feed

• Question

• I have SSIS package created locally which connects to azure cube. In order to connect to azure cube I am using Windows NT Integrated security authentication . Over here I am able to connect to Azure cube locally (i.e. on my desktop version of SSDT) via Windows NT Integrated security authentication.

Now I have created a azure SSIS runtime in ADF (Please note this azure subscription of ADF is different than that of the azure cube which i am connecting to). Now when i deploy the local (i.e. desktop version ) of SSIS package to the azure SSIS and try to run trigger the SSIS package via azure catlog in SSMS or through azure ADF i am getting the below connection failure message

1) Error which i get when i try to run the package on SSIS catlog over azure server:

Data Flow Task:Error: ADO NET Source has failed to acquire the connection {280FE230-2294-49D8-A947-D2EA8A7F29A2} with the following error message: "COM error: COM error: mscorlib; Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation..".

2) Error which i get when i try to run the deployed SSIS package via ADF created. 

Error details

Output

{ "SsisDBOperationGuid": "ed2ca785-a942-434a-955a-9c1f0b5ed3b7", "SsisDBOperationId": 26, "OperationErrorMessages": "12/29/2019 7:23:47 AM +00:00 : Data Flow Task:Error: ADO NET Source has failed to acquire the connection {280FE230-2294-49D8-A947-D2EA8A7F29A2} with the following error message: \"COM error: COM error: mscorlib; Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation..\".\r\n\n12/29/2019 7:23:47 AM +00:00 : Data Flow Task:Error: ADO NET Source failed validation and returned error code 0xC0208449.\r\n\n12/29/2019 7:23:47 AM +00:00 : Data Flow Task:Error: One or more component failed validation.\r\n\n", "effectiveIntegrationRuntime": "SSSISruntime (West US 2)", "executionDuration": 6, "durationInQueue": { "integrationRuntimeQueue": 1 } }

Even though i am using windows authentication in ADF connection which uses the same credentials by which visual studio package is running locally, I am getting the above error. Could you please let me know how can i run a ssis pakage package in ssis azure runtime by windows authentication mode and can connect to the azure cube? Any help would be greatly appreciated

Sunday, December 29, 2019 4:44 PM

All replies