Error : DEP0700 : Registration of the app failed. error 0x80070002: Windows cannot register the package because of an internal error or low memory.

Question

• I am using visual studio 2013 to create a window 8.1 store app. When I run simulator. I received error message "Error : DEP0700 : Registration of the app failed. error 0x80070002: Windows cannot register the package because of an internal error or low memory. (0x80073cf6) App1". I have try reinstall it, but still have this error. How do solve it?
    Saturday, October 12, 2013 7:52 AM

All replies

• My memory is 8GB, the used memory is 1.9GB only. I have search this source: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/hh973484.aspx. But no explain error for 0x80070002.

Saturday, October 12, 2013 4:39 PM
  • look with the task manager what is cuaing tht high memory pressure?

Microsoft Certified Solutions Developer - Windows Store Apps Using C#

Saturday, October 12, 2013 6:57 PM
  • my memory usage is very low, even I restart my pc and just open the project. The error occurred.
    Sunday, October 13, 2013 7:45 AM
  • Hi,

The 0x80073cf6 error  occured sometimes because of the  "visual studio is not able to delete the application data in local folder".so when you go in the location C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Local\Packages you will find application data of app installed in your computer.Now you need to find your app's applicaion data and delete the folder. folder name is same as the package family name which you can see in your solution.

And then again open the solution and rebuild and your app may can run.

1. close visual studio and simulator before deleting the folder.

2. make sure that your account is set as administrator.

Also,You can follow up these steps below to clean the windows store cache:

1.Press the Windows+R keys on your keyboard to open the Run dialog.

2.Type WSReset.exe, and click/tap on OK.

Best wishes!

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey. Thanks<br/> MSDN Community Support<br/> <br/> Please remember to &quot;Mark as Answer&quot; the responses that resolved your issue. It is a common way to recognize those who have helped you, and makes it easier for other visitors to find the resolution later.

Monday, October 14, 2013 6:16 AM
  • Not work,I have enter into safe mode to delete the package folder. And I also run WSReset.exe. After that I reboot as normal mode and try open the project again. Same error occurred. The memory usage is very low.
    Wednesday, October 16, 2013 3:08 AM
  • Hi,howard

You can put the all error information in the forum! I can not see Error : DEP0700 in your picture!

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey. Thanks<br/> MSDN Community Support<br/> <br/> Please remember to &quot;Mark as Answer&quot; the responses that resolved your issue. It is a common way to recognize those who have helped you, and makes it easier for other visitors to find the resolution later.

Wednesday, October 16, 2013 9:19 AM