MPN Competency Test for Windows 8

Question

• Hi,

First of all I'm not sure if this is the right forum to ask a question regarding the MPN Competency Test for Windows 8. This test requires running the Windows App Certification Kit (ACK) so I thought my question would be somehow related.

We built a Windows 8 App that passed all the certification requirements to be published in the store. Now, we would like to submit the app to obtain the Silver Level Competency for Windows 8. In the document provided by Microsoft (Microsoft Platform Ready - Test Requirements Criteria) I can read:

"If your application requires connectivity to any backend server or service, you MUSTtake the qualifying Windows Server or Windows Azure Platform Ready test to qualify."

It happens that our App uses Microsoft Dynamics NAV as backend. The App connects to NAV through web services offered by NAV. My question is: do we still need to pass the test for Windows Server even if we are using an off-shelf product such as Microsoft Dynamics NAV as the backend?

I appreciate any clarification in this matter as it seems to be much more work to obtain competency for Windows Server than for the App.

Thanks,

Leszek

Wiki: wbswiki.com

Wednesday, November 27, 2013 4:05 PM

All replies

• Hi,

I'm wondering why I have not received any responses so far. Is it because nobody knows the answer or the question is not clear?

I'd really like to know if I have to take the qualifying Windows Server test in order to apply for the MPN Competency (Silver Level).

Thanks,

Leszek

Wiki: wbswiki.com

Monday, December 2, 2013 2:53 PM