EWS api-Search Filter - BCC RRS feed

• Question

• How to search filter bcc attribute?

I used DisplayTo for torecipients and also DisplayCc for cc, but i am not able to find an suitable filter for BCC.

Thanks,

SBK

Monday, October 12, 2020 7:07 PM

All replies

• On what type of messages ? the BCC fields is always blank by design the only exception is Sent Mail as this is a copy of the Message rather then the message that actually sent. You might want to check with a MAPI editor like MFCMapi or Outlook Spy which will show you all the available properties on a Message.

Cheers
    Glen

Monday, October 12, 2020 11:26 PM
  • Thanks for the information,

This is how I used search filter for to recpients, 

SearchFilter::ContainsSubstring^ contains = gcnewSearchFilter::ContainsSubstring(EmailMessageSchema::DisplayTo , "test@mail.com", ContainmentMode::Substring, ComparisonMode::IgnoreCase);

Likewise, how to search for bcc (EmailMessageSchema::BccRecipients is not working). Is there any other way to search filter it. 

Tuesday, October 13, 2020 5:16 AM
  • EmailMessageSchema::BccRecipients will always be blank by design
    Wednesday, October 14, 2020 1:52 AM
  • If its blank, then how can we use BccRecipients  for filters. Is there any other way to achive it.

Regards,

SBK

Wednesday, October 14, 2020 6:50 AM
  • You can't as its meant to be always blank by design as i mentioned before maybe take a look with a MAPI editor like MFCMapi or Outlook Spy which will show you all the available properties on a Message. This may provide something else you can use but AFAIK it not do-able.  

Wednesday, October 14, 2020 11:18 PM