SharePoint Online Lightswitch HTML development options - noob high level questions RRS feed

• Question

• Just Looking for some advice about Lightswitch html client dev for SPO before jumping in. 

Been watching Massi videos and just need to fill in some gaps.

1. If I'm building an SPO App and I only want to host on a particular Site collection on SPO that will use specific site collectoin assets and don't want users to install it anywhere else what deployment steps should I take?

2. I don't see Grid, Report or Chart controls in LightSwitch HTML.  Any good options for designing form/view layout with lightswitch for SPO assest DataSources like lists and libraries?  Wijmo?

3. Possible to build a lightswitch html UI to upload documents to SPO Document Libraries without giving away the location of the library?

4. What interface methods should I use to delete SPO Doc Library Files? CSOM?

Many Thanks.

• Edited by o365spo Tuesday, August 13, 2013 10:40 AM
    Tuesday, August 13, 2013 9:31 AM

Answers

• Hi,

1. If you want to build sharepoint applications with HTML client, you could start with Beth Mathi’s article that Building SharePoint Apps in Minutes with LightSwitch, it will give some basic guide for you,

Generally we can host LightSwitch app on web server or in Azure, if you want to deploy a LightSwitch app to SharePoint, enabling SharePoint in your LightSwitch apps allows you to take advantage of business data and processes that are already running in SharePoint in your enterprise. You can refer this article to deploying and installing apps for SharePoint,

#Deploying and installing apps for SharePoint

#Packaging and Deploying SharePoint Solutions

2. This is available for you to use DataGrid ,

DataGrid Class

DataGrid Properties

Regards

<THE CONTENT IS PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED>
    Thanks
    MSDN Community Support

Please remember to "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue. It is a common way to recognize those who have helped you, and makes it easier for other visitors to find the resolution later.

Tuesday, August 20, 2013 3:30 AM