Coded UI Test Result in to HTML RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

I am Using VS 2012 RC to Write Coded UI Test for Silverlight  5 Application. I would like to know how can i convert the test  results in to HTML report kind of file.

I have tried Trx2Html convertor but for VS2012 it is not working fine.

Thanks

Wednesday, August 8, 2012 6:36 AM

Answers

• Hi Vasani,

I have to agree with you that the Trx2Html tool does not convert VS2012 .trx (test result) files to .html files correctly. I did a test on my machine, the Trx2Html tool coverts .trx file to .html file with errors. And from the above Trx2Html tool download page, I find that Trx2Html Version 0.6 supports Test Results for VS2005, 2008 and 2010; Version 0.7 only supports TestResults created with VS2010; but there is no appropriate version for VS2012.

I am afraid you need to write your own task to do the conversion work.

Thanks.

Vicky Song [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us

Friday, August 10, 2012 5:41 AM

All replies

• Hi Vasani,

I have to agree with you that the Trx2Html tool does not convert VS2012 .trx (test result) files to .html files correctly. I did a test on my machine, the Trx2Html tool coverts .trx file to .html file with errors. And from the above Trx2Html tool download page, I find that Trx2Html Version 0.6 supports Test Results for VS2005, 2008 and 2010; Version 0.7 only supports TestResults created with VS2010; but there is no appropriate version for VS2012.

I am afraid you need to write your own task to do the conversion work.

Thanks.

Vicky Song [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us

Friday, August 10, 2012 5:41 AM
  • I've just update the tool so now it should cover VS2012 trx files

http://trx2html.codeplex.com/releases/view/100924

Please let me know if you still have issues

but remember, the tool only support TestMethods, no CodedUI or DataBinding Tests.

Rido

Saturday, January 26, 2013 8:46 AM
  • Hi Rido,

I have my trx file in a folder i have downloaded your trx2html file but problem is how to run the Tool?

Can you help me out in this.

Thanks,

Pallavi

Monday, March 31, 2014 11:28 AM