Link Server error 7303 RRS feed

• Question

• User-1236212839 posted

I am trying to create a imked server from SQL to a MYSql database on a remote server.

I have created a an ODBC connection called MYSQL using  MySql ODBC 5.1 Driver to the remote host "testhost.com" using port 3306 for user "harry" with appropriate password to database testDB.

The ODBC connection works connects successfully.

The remote host has added my IP address 97.999.99.1 (this is just for this message it is not my real IP) to it's ist of valid IPs..

I create a linked server "TESTMYSQL" with Provider Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC drivers, Product Name: MySql and data source "MYSQL"

The linked server gets the following error:

An exception occurred while executing a Transact-SQL statement or batch. (Microsoft.SqlServer.ConnectionInfo)

Cannot initialize the data source object of OLE DB provider "MSDASQL" for linked server "MYSQL".

OLE DB provider "MSDASQL" for linked server "MYSQL" returned message "[MySQL][ODBC 5.1 Driver]Access denied for user 'harry'@'97.999.99.1' to database ' testDB". (Microsoft SQL Server, Error: 7303)

I have searched other responses for error 7303 but have not found one related to access denied.

Can anyone help?

Thanks

Tuesday, June 19, 2012 4:51 PM

All replies

• User-1236212839 posted

We solved the issue.

We needed to creat a new login for MySQL that was not a login on the host system

Friday, June 22, 2012 1:16 AM
  • User-413056965 posted

Dear

Can you explain me how you solve this? I am encountering the same issue?

Regards

Thursday, September 10, 2015 11:14 AM