Issue Exporting work items to Excel from Team Explorer 2005 - TF80068 RRS feed

• Question

• One of the members of my team is getting an error when exporting work items to Excel. The error is:

TF80068: Team Foundation encountered an error while communicating with the server.  Please check your connection and try again.

He can connect to the server just fine.  But he is getting this error when exporting work items to Excel.  I do not get this error and am not sure what the problem is.

Any help would be appreciated.

Friday, January 11, 2008 10:24 PM

Answers

• Hello k,

Could you please check the system event viewer to see if there is any error about the connection?

TFS 80068 usually occurs while xls file contains a wrong reference to a TFS Server.

Did you move App - Tier before?

If not you can still try the following tools to see if it works.

http://forums.microsoft.com/MSDN/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=2622220&SiteID=1

Thanks.
    Thursday, January 17, 2008 2:49 AM

All replies

• Hello k,

Could you please check the system event viewer to see if there is any error about the connection?

TFS 80068 usually occurs while xls file contains a wrong reference to a TFS Server.

Did you move App - Tier before?

If not you can still try the following tools to see if it works.

http://forums.microsoft.com/MSDN/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=2622220&SiteID=1

Thanks.
    Thursday, January 17, 2008 2:49 AM
  • I have a similar problem. When I try to view query results of a TFS query, I get TF80068 error. I can view the results of the query in TFS if I click 'View Results'. So my TFS connection must be correct.

I get the same error message when try to view the results of a query that returns very small number of records (like one or two). So its not that I am pulling too much data and closing connection.

There is no entry in the event log.

The MDSN forum link you provided is no longer valid.

Two very important things:

a. I am using Excel 2003.

b. I recently upgraded from XP SP2 to XP SP3 (there is a Microsoft joke in my project that if you apply a patch, MSTF will make sure they mess up something so that you can join/post on social.msdn forum. MSTF folks feel lonely all the time.) This used to work fine earlier.

Any help will be appreciated.

Sunday, March 21, 2010 4:07 PM
  • I am using TFS 2008.
    Sunday, March 21, 2010 4:07 PM