Submit Function Works in One Location but Not Another RRS feed

• Question

•  

Hello,

I have a servlet that I am using to generate reports from views stored in a database. I added a feature that allows user to choose which fields they want to view for their report. Recently I have been getting comments that this feature does not work in an area, about 350 miles away, but will work where I am located.

Basically the way this feature works is:

1) The user clicks on a button to select the field names and a new window will open.
    2) In this new window is a list box with all the possible field names for the given report. The user will select the field names they want to show on their report.
    3) They click the submit button located under the list box.
    4) The information is stored by the servlet, and the window then closes.

Unfortunately I have not been able to travel to this location to try it myself, so I am relaying on the user's word that they do click the submit button, and then the field name selector window closes, but their changes do not show on the report. Is there any reason this could be, or do I just need to redo the whole feature? I would appreciate any help.

Thanks,

Matt

Wednesday, June 11, 2008 11:43 PM

All replies

• Hi Mat,

There are settings for the scripting of Applets in Internet Options - Security tab. click on the Custom Level button and compare your settings with that of the remote user.

Alternatively, if your remote user trusts you they can add your site to their Trusted Zone where the default security settings are at a level to allow most web page interaction.

PS. It would not make any noticable difference if your user was 300 or 3000 miles away. The speed of light is 186,282 mps. This does not take into account the tightness of the nut holding the keyboard though, which can slow the speed of thought considerably.

Regards.

Thursday, June 12, 2008 2:05 AM