Failed to import MSI-file (with BizTalk Scheduled Task Adapter) RRS feed

• Question

• Hi!

I'am trying to upgrade from BizTalk 2006 R2 to BizTalk 2010. I have created a
    test environment with BizTalk 2010. I try to move my applications from 2006
    R2 by export them into msi-files and then import them into my test
    environment.

One application uses BizTalk Scheduled Task Adapter. I installed BizTalk
    Scheduled Task Adapter 4.0 in my test environment.

When I try to import the msi-file I get following error:

Failed to import ..

Change requests failed for some resources. (mscorlib)

Unable to process create change request for BizTalk binding
    "BindingInfo.xml". Import bindings (overwrite) failed.
    (Microsoft.BizTalk.ResourceManagers)

Failed to update binding information. (mscorlib)

Could not validate TransportTypeData, Address or Public Address properties
    for Receive Location '....'. Element 'config' was not found.

(Microsoft.BizTalkExplorerOM)

I'am a beginner using BizTalk.

Any help much appreciated!

Monday, November 19, 2012 1:35 PM

Answers

• Unfortunately migrating applications from BizTalk 2006 R2 to BizTalk 2010 is not as easy as exporting it from one environment and import it in another.

This thread discusses the same issue:

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en/biztalkgeneral/thread/0033942d-d55f-4da9-bcc3-f69704808bea

It also mentions a document from the BizTalk Server 2010 documentation page with guidance on how to move from BizTalk 2006 R2 to BizTalk 2010.

Regarding the Scheduled Task adapter, your BizTalk 2006 R2 application probably uses version 2.0 which is not found on the BizTalk 2010 server. This mismatch causes the error.

Basically you need to upgrade your application using Visual Studio and the guidance in the documentation and then deploy it to the BizTalk 2010 environment.

Jean-Paul Smit | Didago IT Consultancy
    Blog | Twitter | LinkedIn
    MCTS BizTalk 2006/2010 + Certified SOA Architect

Please indicate "Mark as Answer" if this post has answered the question.

Monday, November 19, 2012 1:46 PM

All replies

• Unfortunately migrating applications from BizTalk 2006 R2 to BizTalk 2010 is not as easy as exporting it from one environment and import it in another.

This thread discusses the same issue:

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en/biztalkgeneral/thread/0033942d-d55f-4da9-bcc3-f69704808bea

It also mentions a document from the BizTalk Server 2010 documentation page with guidance on how to move from BizTalk 2006 R2 to BizTalk 2010.

Regarding the Scheduled Task adapter, your BizTalk 2006 R2 application probably uses version 2.0 which is not found on the BizTalk 2010 server. This mismatch causes the error.

Basically you need to upgrade your application using Visual Studio and the guidance in the documentation and then deploy it to the BizTalk 2010 environment.

Jean-Paul Smit | Didago IT Consultancy
    Blog | Twitter | LinkedIn
    MCTS BizTalk 2006/2010 + Certified SOA Architect

Please indicate "Mark as Answer" if this post has answered the question.

Monday, November 19, 2012 1:46 PM
  • Fist of all, export the assemblies without binding information. This msi would be imported probably without error.

Second, export a binding separately. When you are import this binding file you got the errors. The binding file is the Xml file and you can edit it. So, comment of fix the address in a port or whatever is a cause of the error and import it again. When you are successful with import, add the comment artifact manually. 

Leonid Ganeline [BizTalk MVP] BizTalkien: Advanced Questions

Monday, November 19, 2012 6:25 PM
  • Can you please check schedule adapter is installed in Biztalk machine and schedule adapter added in Adapters list .

I think adapter is not added in the adapter list and if is not added add the schedule adapter

Tuesday, November 20, 2012 10:43 AM