Service Bus for windows with Azure Service Fabric not working together? RRS feed

• Question

• When there will be a Service Bus for Azure Service Fabric on-premise? 

Azure Service Bus - is not on-premise

Service Bus for Windows work with old version named Windows Service Fabric and can not be run on the same machine.

Any road map update on  this?

Sunday, June 19, 2016 10:17 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Thanks for posting here.

In regards to your query here is the document please go through it and let us know the feedback.

https://azure.microsoft.com/en-in/documentation/articles/service-fabric-deploy-anywhere/

Regards,

Monday, June 20, 2016 10:56 AM
  • Hi,

This is not addressing my concerns.  I would like to user Azure Service Fabric (I know how to install it) and  Service Bus for Windows Server 1.1 (I know how to install it) on the same servers (ring of 3 machines)

There is installation problem, Service Bus for Windows Server 1.1 can't work with Azure Service Fabric. looks like it used Windows Service Fabric and this has a conflict with Azure Service Fabric.

Thank you

Tuesday, June 21, 2016 6:05 PM
  • Currently, we don't have a roadmap for Service Bus Windows Server integration of Azure Service Fabric. SBWS 1.1 on Windows Fabric is the only thing you have for at least until end if this year.
    Wednesday, July 6, 2016 6:47 PM
  • We have run into the same problem when trying to have Service Bus 1.1 and Azure Service Fabric on the same systems for development.  What the incompatibility stems from is that Service Bus 1.1 uses an older version of Windows Fabric and Azure Service Fabric uses a newer one which when installed breaks compatibility with Service Bus.  Only workaround right now is to have them on separate systems.

I believe what Ran Raines Moshe is asking for is not integration of the two, but a fix so that both can run on the same system at the same time (ie. get Service Bus to work with the newer version of Windows Fabric that gets installed with Azure Service Fabric).  That would be beneficial to us as well.

Thanks.

Friday, August 19, 2016 11:55 AM
  • We have run into the same problem when trying to have Service Bus 1.1 and Azure Service Fabric on the same systems for development.  What the incompatibility stems from is that Service Bus 1.1 uses an older version of Windows Fabric and Azure Service Fabric uses a newer one which when installed breaks compatibility with Service Bus.  Only workaround right now is to have them on separate systems.

I believe what Ran Raines Moshe is asking for is not integration of the two, but a fix so that both can run on the same system at the same time (ie. get Service Bus to work with the newer version of Windows Fabric that gets installed with Azure Service Fabric).  That would be beneficial to us as well.

Thanks.

Same problem here

We are at the start of the process of transforming some of our apps to azure service fabric, but installing the service fabric cluster on local devs breaks the already installed windows service bus.

Installing them side-by-side would make things easier for the devs

Wednesday, May 17, 2017 7:37 AM
  • Service Bus Windows Server's mainstream support will end at the beginning of 2018. https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/lifecycle/search?alpha=Service%20Bus%20for%20Windows%20Server

I don't really want to make predictions but honestly I am not seeing SB Server coming up with an upgrade to support new Service Fabric framework. Your only option for now is to keep Service Bus Server development on dedicated boxes.

Wednesday, May 17, 2017 6:17 PM