Content Deployment path - Could not establish trust relationship for the SSL/TLS secure Error RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

After i configure https (self signed certificate), I could not able to connect to deployment server SP2010 CA through Content deployment path.

Error : underlying connection was closed. Could not establish trust relationship for the SSL/TLS secure Error

But, I could able to browse the deployment server CA site from staging server IE. Btw, I have uploaded certificate in "Manage Trust" too. (both servers)

I have few doubts:

1. Do i need to upload source server certificate into deployment server "manage trust" or vice versa or both?

2. When i do mmc, do need to choose service account or this account or computer account?

3. Can i use default SSL certificate (VM --Servername)?

Thanks.

Monday, October 10, 2011 2:52 PM

Answers

• Self-signed certificates are only valid on the server itself.

From remote machines the certificate cannot be validated as no valid root certificate can be found in the certificate store of remote machine.

In browser you can still browse to the site but you will get at least a certificate warning.

Content deployment requires a correctly validated certificate chain. That means you cannot use self signed certificates if content deployment goes to a different server - you have to get a certificate issues by a certification authority which is trusted by the remote machine.

Stefan Goßner
    Senior Escalation Engineer - Microsoft CSS
    This post is provided "AS IS" with no warrenties and confers no rights.
    Tuesday, October 11, 2011 1:21 PM