SkyDrive Sample for Metro UI

Question

• I am trying to run Skydrive sample , and I installed LiveSDK . When I run the program it shows error

"Error 3 File C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft SDKs\Live\v5.0\Metro XAML\Redist\CommonConfiguration\Neutral\Microsoft.Live.pri not found

I went to that location and Microsoft.Live.pri  file was there, I don't know why I am getting this error.

Anyone has any solution for it.

Wednesday, April 25, 2012 6:45 AM

Answers

• Hello,

could you get a procmon log to see if we get some clues when makepri.exe is trying to access the Microsoft.live.pri file?  You can download process monitor from http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/bb896645.  Go to file | Capture Events to turn off logging.  Right before you build or run, go back to capture events.  Once you get the error, turn capture events back off to try to limit the output.  Search on Microsoft.Live.pri with the process name makepri to see if we are getting any access denied errors.

I  can also help interpreting the log.  If you want to zip it and send it to mikewong at microsoft.com.

much appreciated,

mike

Friday, April 27, 2012 11:20 PM

All replies

• Hello,

could you get a procmon log to see if we get some clues when makepri.exe is trying to access the Microsoft.live.pri file?  You can download process monitor from http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/bb896645.  Go to file | Capture Events to turn off logging.  Right before you build or run, go back to capture events.  Once you get the error, turn capture events back off to try to limit the output.  Search on Microsoft.Live.pri with the process name makepri to see if we are getting any access denied errors.

I  can also help interpreting the log.  If you want to zip it and send it to mikewong at microsoft.com.

much appreciated,

mike

Friday, April 27, 2012 11:20 PM
  • Hi i had the same error, just Run 'local machine' change from Debug to Release it will run OK

i am Using windows 8 rt VC Express

Thanks

Tuesday, September 04, 2012 6:46 PM