none
.Net Profiler - Helper Functions Definition assembly without GAC RRS feed

• Question

• I am dealing with .NET instrumentation profiler, my C++ profiler dll injects the C# function calls into each .NET function coming to JIT compilation.

Those function calls have their function defined in a separate helper Assembly.  I had that helper assembly defined in Global assembly cache. But is there a way not to rely on Global assembly Cache?? (loading from a directory path , etc..)

In Azure web app i cannot install assembly in GAC, and the assembly presence will only be in privatebin of the web app. Hence while the injected function call is hit the application is getting crashed because of the absence of the helper assembly..

Monday, May 7, 2018 9:30 AM

All replies

• Hi Selva VS,

Thank you for posting here.

For your question, what is your .net profiler? How do you define in a separate helper Assembly? How do you load assemblies?

Best Regards,

Wendy

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, May 8, 2018 8:21 AM
  • Hi Wendy,

1.IL Rewrite profiler is what I mean as .Net profiler.

2.I have a C# dll with function definitions of the injected code as a separate helper assembly. 

3.Using MetaDataEmit's DefineAssemblyRef i define the assembly

The Helper assembly will be in GAC, for which i need an alternative now.

Tuesday, May 8, 2018 9:55 AM