SSMA error-unable to connect to oracle server for test cases RRS feed

• Question

• Dear Sir,

I need one urgent help for Oracle SSMA 6.0  tool. It would be great if you can help me.
    Currently while I am trying test a test cases using ssma tool I am getting the following error : 

cannot connect to oracle server via sql server tester extensions.

However I have already created a linked server (For connecting to oracle database) on sql server 2014 and it is working fine.  But still I am getting the same error from ssma tool. Due to this I am not able to test any test cases.

Oracle Database Server version : 1og (version - 10.2.0.5.0) -64 bit
    Oracle Client Version : 11g -64bit/32 bit (both version installed with administrator option) 
    Sql server Version- 2014 - 64 bit

Any help will be appreciated.

Friday, September 5, 2014 8:04 AM

All replies

• AFAIK for connecting to Oracle through SSMA you would need SYSTEM account of Oracle to connect.

Please mark this reply as answer if it solved your issue or vote as helpful if it helped so that other forum members can benefit from it

My Technet Articles

Friday, September 5, 2014 8:48 AM
  • Hi UManna,

Based on your description, we need to verify if you can successfully migrate database from Oracle to SQL Server using SSMA. If not, you can post the error message for analysis.

In addition, when connecting to Oracle using SSMA, please make sure the connection string (contains Oracle server name, login and password) is correct.

For more information about using SSMA for oracle, please review this blog: SQL Server: Manage the Migration.

Thanks,
    Lydia Zhang

Wednesday, September 10, 2014 2:55 AM
  • Hi UManna,

I’m writing to follow up with you on this post. Was the problem resolved after performing our action plan steps? If you are satisfied with our solution, I’d like to mark this issue as "Answered". Please also feel free to unmark the issue, with any new findings or concerns you may have.

Thanks,
    Lydia Zhang

Wednesday, September 17, 2014 10:05 AM