Incorrect intellisense with ApplicationBar in Xaml designer

Answers

• Looks like a hiccup in our XAML validation.  No need to worry...it's been fixed :-)
    Tim Heuer | Program Manager, XAML | http://timheuer.com/blog | @timheuer

(if my post has answered your question, please consider using the 'mark as answer' feature in the forums to help others)
    • Marked as answer by J. Kent Sunday, December 11, 2011 12:26 AM
    Saturday, December 10, 2011 4:35 AM

All replies

• It's not lying.  It's just confused ;)

Does this go away after you rebuild?  Intellisense sometimes gets out of date in the Developer Preview. 

Can you repro this consistently?  Do you know what steps you used to get into this state? 

--Rob

• Marked as answer by J. Kent Thursday, December 08, 2011 9:22 PM
    • Unmarked as answer by J. Kent Thursday, December 08, 2011 9:24 PM
    Thursday, December 08, 2011 6:05 PM
    Owner
  • Ah! Confusion. Poor thing... :)

Well, I tried re-building twice lastnight after posting the question and the squiglies didn't go away, but I just rebuilt now after waking up and they are gone.

I was able to reproduce that consistently but can't seem to reproduce it anymore. Seems to be working great now :)

Thanks Rob!

_Edit:_

It seems I spoke too soon.

The squiglies are back and I managed to capture the error upon trying to rebuild the solution (again):

I also think I just spotted a spelling error 'assigment'. I think that should be 'assignment'. Come to think of it... [whispers] I've noticed alot of spelling errors throughout the Windows Dev Center./no offense or anything

It's a funny error though. I haven't set the Content property on anything related to the Application Bar.

• Edited by J. Kent Thursday, December 08, 2011 9:41 PM
    Thursday, December 08, 2011 9:21 PM
  • Looks like a hiccup in our XAML validation.  No need to worry...it's been fixed :-)
    Tim Heuer | Program Manager, XAML | http://timheuer.com/blog | @timheuer

(if my post has answered your question, please consider using the 'mark as answer' feature in the forums to help others)
    • Marked as answer by J. Kent Sunday, December 11, 2011 12:26 AM
    Saturday, December 10, 2011 4:35 AM
  • Yay :-D Thanks!
    Sunday, December 11, 2011 12:26 AM