none
Shutdown when disconnect RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have scheduler to shutdown VM. Is any option to not shutdown if someone is working on this VM after scheduled time? And if someone let´s say going log out or disconnect then shutdown VM?

I found option to shutdown on CPU usage but this is not very good on my problem.

Friday, May 4, 2018 9:36 AM

Answers

• Hi Milan K, my engineer contact responded that he is not aware of any supported way to do this. However, the recommendation is to check to see if there are any public API available to detect active connection to the VM prior to shutting down then use Azure's Logic App to call the API and execute your sophisticated shutdown scenario. Please note that features exposed in Azure logic App service are a superset of Azure Scheduler.

For more information on Logic App, please visit HERE

Wednesday, May 16, 2018 9:15 AM

All replies

• Hi Milan K, apologies for the delayed response, I have engaged my engineering contacts responsible for Azure Scheuduler to help answer your question. Please give me 24 hours to provide an update. Sorry for the inconvenience.
    Tuesday, May 15, 2018 12:05 PM
  • Hi Milan K, my engineer contact responded that he is not aware of any supported way to do this. However, the recommendation is to check to see if there are any public API available to detect active connection to the VM prior to shutting down then use Azure's Logic App to call the API and execute your sophisticated shutdown scenario. Please note that features exposed in Azure logic App service are a superset of Azure Scheduler.

For more information on Logic App, please visit HERE

Wednesday, May 16, 2018 9:15 AM