Live Photo Gallery Issues

Question

• 1. im using windows 8, every time I use the fix tool it destroys/distorts/decolourises the photo 80% of the time (i can control-z and its fine again, just not possible to edit properly) very frustrating! any ideas? (note: I have already tried reinstalling)

2. I NEED the fix button at the top when I open my photo. first time. I dont want to click 'edit organise or share'  then wait for hundereds of photos to load and then find the photo I just opened again and wait for the photo to load again and then start editing. PLEASE! there must be some way to get the old fix button on the first screen back or some way to have the fix options there when it opens. I used to open and photo and edit, now I open a photo, click through a few buttons and after a good minuite or two I can edit.

I think I would go as far as to say that the 2nd point is a bigger issue than the first. the first I can deal with, at least it works the way I want 20% of the time!!!
    Thursday, September 22, 2011 8:40 PM

Answers

All replies

• NikG90,

Thank you for posting your feedback, we want to make sure we get the right info including your log files. Can you also submit feedback using the Windows Feedback Tool from the Connect Site associated with your Windows Developer Preview program? If you’re an MSDN subscriber, the information on how to join the Connect program is included on the download page where you installed Windows Developer Preview. There’s a link to the Connect site and an invitation code that you can click on to join using a Windows Live ID account. If you’re not an MSDN subscriber follow this limited use linkto join the Connect program and then follow the steps here.

In case the link above gets messed up, the URL is below:

ADD1-RY34-K4T4
    (https://connect.microsoft.com/site1147/InvitationUse.aspx?ProgramID=7221&InvitationID=ADD1-RY34-K4T4)

The last link goes to: How do I install the Windows Feedback Tool and file a bug

If there are any questions let us know.

Thanks

Chris
    Tuesday, September 27, 2011 8:34 PM
  • Ok, Done that (had to list under photo viewer as photo gallery was not an option)
    Thursday, September 29, 2011 12:26 AM
  • And to add to this.. why o why am I forced to import pictures from my USB stick before I can edit or view them in this program?!

This is insane! Picasa will have to be my default photo software as live photo gallery is broken in many ways! I hope it is fixed soon because I am going to miss it. picasa dosnt really give enough flexibility when editing for what I need.

Wednesday, October 5, 2011 1:25 PM