The Official Windows 8 Logo

All replies

• Looks ugly, like the whole Metro UI

"A programmer is just a tool which converts caffeine into code"

Friday, February 17, 2012 9:04 PM
  • I actually thought it was a good logo. The windows in the logo actually look like window panes. My only complaint is that the entire logo is in a sky blue color and looks completely flat. That's not modern, that's 20 years out of date. I think the words "Windows 8" should be royal blue, and the windowpane logo should have a light gradient and use the red, green, blue, and yellow of the existing logo.
    Friday, February 17, 2012 9:52 PM
  • I like this user made logo much more:

Sunday, February 19, 2012 8:47 PM
  • That's still not good enough. It's too flat. It has a "less is more" philosophy that I just don't agree with.
    Sunday, February 19, 2012 8:58 PM
  • I wish I could take credit for this, but here's the best quote about the new logo:

“I think it’s very appropriate to have 4 Blue Screens of Death coming right toward you. Pretty much captures my Windows experience, anyway.”

Monday, February 20, 2012 1:07 AM
  • I like this user made logo much more:

I like the multi-colored logo. 
    Monday, February 20, 2012 1:09 AM
  • yes, it also represents the Metro style but in a much user friendly way. The blue looks so ugly and hurts my eyes.

And the blue one looks like the logo of a german charitable organization called Diakonisches Werk

Monday, February 20, 2012 3:45 PM
  • While I don't advocate for the color, I feel eye strain, it perfectly fits Windows Phone/Metro UI trendline. Curious, if it will be possible to change logo colors much like the Windows Phone's UI look and feel?

That said, I don't feel bad about the new STOP error screen. I am finding it way better compared to the notorious BSOD.

BTW, typesetting is better than that of Diakonie, in my view.

Well this is the world we live in And these are the hands we're given...

Monday, February 20, 2012 5:09 PM
  • While I don't advocate for the color, I feel eye strain, it perfectly fits Windows Phone/Metro UI trendline. Curious, if it will be possible to change logo colors much like the Windows Phone's UI look and feel?

That said, I don't feel bad about the new STOP error screen. I am finding it way better compared to the notorious BSOD.

BTW, typesetting is better than that of Diakonie, in my view.

I hate this logo it seem like 90's logos and we are 1n 2012 , and i can't imagine that after windows 7 logo microsoft decide to paint this one.
    Tuesday, February 21, 2012 12:23 PM
  • At the other hand, it's clearly distinguishable and catchy.

Tuesday, February 21, 2012 3:16 PM
  • "Exotic Hadron" wrote in message news:d8348ac1-7925-44ab-9b80-a08a4f61fe95...
    At the other hand, it's clearly distinguishable and catchy.

...like a fly-swat!

Noel Paton | Nil Carborundum Illegitemi | CrashFixPC | The Three-toed Sloth
    Tuesday, February 21, 2012 3:43 PM
  • This one is pretty awesome. MS should use color. Tiles in Metro are colored.
    Thursday, February 23, 2012 6:45 AM
  • Yes, in colors is logo much better.
    Thursday, February 23, 2012 10:00 AM
  • This one is pretty awesome. MS should use color. Tiles in Metro are colored.

The one they are showing is the final shape with wrapping paper over what will be the final logo?

---

Thursday, February 23, 2012 3:11 PM