none
Failed to load Speech SDK RRS feed

• Question

• Whenever I try to run the Kinect Audio sample I get an error saying there was a problem initializing Speech Recognition. I have the speech SDK installed (Both versions, x86 and x64) I tried re-installing them, running the repair, and rebooting. The kinect audio and kinect array audio devices appear under "Kinect" in device manager. What can I do to resolve this issue?
    Saturday, January 28, 2012 12:31 AM

All replies

• Whenever I try to run the Kinect Audio sample I get an error saying there was a problem initializing Speech Recognition. I have the speech SDK installed (Both versions, x86 and x64) I tried re-installing them, running the repair, and rebooting. The kinect audio and kinect array audio devices appear under "Kinect" in device manager. What can I do to resolve this issue?

I have the same problem...

I clould see the RGB output and the 3-D Depth output in the Sample Sketal Viewer

but the Sample Kinect Audio Demo throws an error saying-->

"There is a problem initializing the KinectAudioSource. Ensure that the Kinect SDK installed correctly."

Saturday, January 28, 2012 10:51 AM
  • did you install the Speech Runtime? Link is in the readme
    Sunday, January 29, 2012 7:45 PM
  • Am facing the same issue. I have installed and can see the MS Speech SDK 11 within my control panel after upgrading from the beta Kinect SDK and the 10.2 version. But the audio application throws the same error. Help please. 
    Friday, February 3, 2012 7:27 AM
  • Note... am using the XBox Kinect and not the Kinect for PC
    Friday, February 3, 2012 7:38 AM
  • You guys probably have a mismatch with installed versions. You need to have the speech runtime and SDK at the 11 version level, having one of those at 10.2 could cause the issues you are seeing. Double check your installs, and if in doubt, uninstall and re-install everything. 
    • Proposed as answer by ChrisCicc Friday, February 3, 2012 7:08 PM
    Friday, February 3, 2012 7:08 PM
  • I solve this problem by install the language pack.

Kinect for Windows SDK 2.0 Language Packs:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=43662

Wednesday, November 9, 2016 3:52 AM