Not Showing Password reset button for certain users in AZURE AD management portal RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have created AZURE Active directory with multiple users.I am the administrator/owner  of that Active direcotry.we are creating users and using other features of azure ad through graph api. I am managing the users through azure management portal.in general when we click on any user through portal two button are displayed at bottom of portal "reset password" and "delete".I am facing the issue that for some users only delete button is showing reset password button is not showing.in those users some  are global admin and some are normal users.this problem is coming for certain users for rest users of that directory both button are showing to me.Can you suggest what is the problem why reset password is not showing for some users.

Regards,

Ashok

• Changed type Arvind S. Iyer Tuesday, July 7, 2015 8:19 PM Appropriate as a question
    Tuesday, July 7, 2015 3:59 PM

Answers

• Greetings, Ashok!

Please note to login as the Global Admin of the AAD tenant.

The reference below tells us the roles of each type of admin:

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/azure/dn468213.aspx#BKMK_1

Also, note that for synchronized identities, you may have to reset the user passwords in on-prem AD and will get synchronized in the next sync cycle of the sync tool used.

If there's a different observation, please share the AAD tenant screenshot showing the users and where are they sourced from.

Thank you,

Arvind

Tuesday, July 7, 2015 8:18 PM