none
Visual Studio Web Browser Not Displaying Webpage RRS feed

• Question

• Hello! I have everything working but the web page is not displaying :[ I figured that it is reading my website but not displaying it because if I try to highlight and drag it shows text..  This is my website, very simple.. Any help would be greatly appreciated! I'm new to visual studio so this one simple thing is bugging me, I figured it might be because I hide the window bar from showing but cant find where to show it again D:

http://www.untitledbox.com/SantifyPatch/santifynews.html

Saturday, September 16, 2017 12:04 AM

All replies

• Hmm...  it seems to load in mine but,  does not display the same (seen below).  Could have something to do with the way you handle some of the WebBrowsers events or maybe Properties you have set.   Then again,  maybe you need to make the WebBrowser control emulate a higher version of IE instead of the default IE7.  Of coarse,  you can only emulate the highest version of IE that is installed on the computer.  The following link shows an example of doing this programmatically....

https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/vstudio/en-US/bc469203-cb4a-4477-a8b3-996121b424e6/webbrowser?forum=vbgeneral

If you say it can`t be done then i`ll try it

Saturday, September 16, 2017 12:46 AM
  • Looking at the source code I see nothing that stands out why there would be an issue other than the use of iFrame and chrome extensions for css. It's very possible that the Visual Studio web browser control does not know how to handle the extensions (at simple glancing at them I don't know what rules are setup that could affect viewing in a web browser control).

Unsure if this will help but you could run Fiddler while working with the web browser control, look for anything that might be an issue.

Or https://weblog.west-wind.com/posts/2017/Mar/08/Debugging-the-Web-Browser-Control-with-FireBug

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help, this will help others who are looking for solutions to the same or similar problem. Contact via my Twitter (Karen Payne) or Facebook (Karen Payne) via my MSDN profile but will not answer coding question on either.
    VB Forums - moderator
    profile for Karen Payne on Stack Exchange, a network of free, community-driven Q&A sites

Saturday, September 16, 2017 12:58 PM
  • Did you solve the problem? If so then you should mark the reply that helped you as the answer. If the answer is something else then it might help others if you tell us what the answer was.

Your page seems to work for me; see:

For the future, be aware that usually more information is needed. It helps to tell us what type of project it is and what you used to create the page. How did you upload the page? Web Deploy or FTP?

Are you familiar with the developer tools provided by most browsers? Just press F12 in a browser and you get developer tools.

You say "if I try to highlight and drag it shows text" and that sounds like you are using the same color for background and foreground. The developer tools would be one way to analyze the problem since you would see all the HTML.

Sam Hobbs
    SimpleSamples.Info

Saturday, September 16, 2017 9:38 PM