none
Windows Server 2008 System Requirement for an HWC IIS Application RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I'm working on an Enterprise Collaboration Software and it's IIS 7.5 HWC based Webapp that will run on Windows Server 2008. The application is written is C# and uses some native C++ Dlls that doesn't interfere with any SDK or extra third party components, where the only 3 things necessary to my application are the:

• NET framework 4.0 beside IIS Role of course

• Some native dlls of my own creation that stores simple flat functions with no calls to Windows APIs whatsoever except those made by default for linking and kernel purposes.

• NT service executable (statically linked) that will host my IIS instance.

My Question:

The development OS that I'm working on right now is Windows 7 ultimate that comes with my laptop and everything is testing fine. I have also access to (I think) a Web version of Windows Server 2008 in my Websitespark account for testing purposes.

If I'm not wrong, I know almost bit by bit the hardware requirement of my server depending on its features but the problem is that I have absolutely no idea whether such application can run on all Windows Server 2008 versions (Data Center, HPC, Enterprise....) ??

Will my HWC app works on any Windows Server version if the IIS role and the .NET 4.0 are there ??

Thank you in Advance.

/* Best Regards --------------- SectorC .....*/

Saturday, June 2, 2012 2:49 PM