Error in starting the debugger RRS feed

• Question

• I was trying to evaluate VS2012 by upgrading an application I developed on Lightswitch2011. I could not get all of the errors out, so I started by building a simple application with one table and one screen. This app is a web based using forms authentication. When I try to run the app in debug mode locally, I get an error message:

Unable to start debugging. A fatal error occurred. For more details, please see the Microsoft Help and Support web site. HRESULT=0x80070005.

I can't figure out what is happening. I tried it as a desktop app in debug mode and it runs.

Monday, February 25, 2013 11:51 PM

Answers

• I found the problem. My Webroot AV was blocking the debugger from running on the local host through the Identity Protection. I clicked "allow" for IEx86 and it is working now.
    • Marked as answer by Mike_GM Friday, March 1, 2013 3:13 PM
    Friday, March 1, 2013 3:13 PM

All replies

• Have you figured this one out?

I am by no means an expert, nor experienced in this.  But from everything I'm seeing about this error online, this is an access denigned relating to .Net.

Most of the articles about it say something about Anti-Virus or related products getting in the way of an installation.

For example, I was having some problems.  I installed Visual Studio on a different computer and the problem went away.  Also, some problems I was having went away when I published to a web-server, and the problem I was experienced went away.

In another situation, I rebuilt my computer, reinstalled, and the problem went away.

Another problem I had was a setting on the web-server, and all it needed was some settings updated, such as to use the correct .Net libraries.

So, what I'm trying to say is, work around the issue.  I believe that once you get LightSwitch working, it will due for many situations and will ultimately save you a TON of time.

Anyway, The main reason I'm posting in hopes that some of the experts that hang out here can answer your question greater accuracy once you have done a little more trial and error work.

<<-- Did I help you? Please oh please mark my comment as helpful: I finally have a few points (thanks Yann!) (BIG GRIN!) (JoeB)

• Edited by JoeB_LS103 Tuesday, February 26, 2013 5:10 PM
    Tuesday, February 26, 2013 5:10 PM
  • I am familiar with Lightswitch as I have been using LS2011, but I started getting this error. I tried many things and could not resolve the issue. I believe it has something to do with an installed update from either microsoft or my antivirus. I tried on a clean machine to install LS2011 but could not get my app to convert cleanly. I decided to try VS2012 with LS but I am getting the same error message. I did notice that when I run without debugging, it runs on the local host fine. What I need is a methodical approach as to what to check for or how to troubleshoot this error.
    • Marked as answer by Mike_GM Friday, March 1, 2013 3:11 PM
    • Unmarked as answer by Mike_GM Friday, March 1, 2013 3:11 PM
    Tuesday, February 26, 2013 10:55 PM
  • I found the problem. My Webroot AV was blocking the debugger from running on the local host through the Identity Protection. I clicked "allow" for IEx86 and it is working now.
    • Marked as answer by Mike_GM Friday, March 1, 2013 3:13 PM
    Friday, March 1, 2013 3:13 PM