none
Subnet configuration for creating virtual network gateway RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, I need to create a Virtual Network Gateway in Azure for a site to site connection from ISP to Azure for connection to a cloud server. The ISP indicates I need to have the virtual network in subnet 10.10.0.0/16 as this is where the VM appliance is. However, I get an (in use) message when trying to select the existing network. If I create an additional, I cannot have something in the same subnet or I get an 'overlap' message. Please advise.
    Friday, October 11, 2019 7:42 PM

All replies

• Hi,

The vNet gateway needs to be in its own subnet (at least a /27) in the same vnet as that VM. The gateway subnet cant be the same as the VM one so you'll need to create a new one for it.

Thanks,

Matt

Friday, October 11, 2019 8:41 PM
  • Hi, 

Just checking in if you have had a chance to see the previous response. If this answers your query, do click “Mark as Answer” and Up-Vote for the same.

Regards, 

Msrini

Thursday, October 17, 2019 8:23 AM
  • Hi, 

Just checking in if you have had a chance to see the previous response. If this answers your query, do click “Mark as Answer” and Up-Vote for the same.

Regards, 

Msrini

Wednesday, October 23, 2019 10:13 AM
  • Hi, 

Regards, 

Msrini

Friday, November 1, 2019 1:26 PM