How to Consume Web Services usign WSDL and SOAP requests in VS RRS feed

• Question

• User-1796521581 posted

Hello, I am starting to use WS with SOAP and isn't clear for me how to use the wsdl, I want to use a file http://xxxxxxx/SessionCreate.wsdl and there are other files (i.e. SessionCreate.xml, SessionClose.xml, etc.) that I should to use as structures (schemas) to send requests using SOAP protocol.

I read many tutorials and many posts, I did my own web service in VS and consumed it (not using SOAP), after, I tried to add a Web Reference using the wsdl file URL but I dont know how to use it to send a SOAP request implementing the XML structure in the other files.

After the add of a Web Refrence using the wsdl URL ("Right click on project"->Add Service Reference->"Paste URL"->Go->Accept) you know, I wrote this in my code, and it's right (I think):

@{
        SessionCreateRQ initSession = new SessionRequestRQ();
    }

From here I don't know what is the next step, to send my SOAP request.

Thanks for your precious help

Monday, March 25, 2013 5:04 PM

Answers

All replies

• User82750387 posted

Check if this gives you an idea...

http://forums.asp.net/t/1817409.aspx/1

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Monday, March 25, 2013 5:42 PM
  • User220959680 posted

After the add of a Web Refrence using the wsdl URL ("Right click on project"->Add Service Reference->"Paste URL"->

It is Service reference NOT the Web reference.

Let me know further queries.

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Monday, March 25, 2013 6:42 PM
  • User-1796521581 posted

I'll check your sugestions, thank you.

Tuesday, March 26, 2013 1:08 AM
  • User-1796521581 posted

Hi friends, finally I decided for the HttpWebRequest method to send my SOAP request and to catch the response, for my purposes works fine, and it allows a better manipulation of the data that I need. On the other hand I like to lear more about the web references and how to implement it, but by the moment I'll work with web request method.
    Thanks for your help.

Wednesday, March 27, 2013 12:25 PM