none
Server 2008 BT 2010, Adapter Pack 2.0 Oracle Client Requirement RRS feed

• Question

• In Visual Studio when trying to connect to Oracle for Consume Adapter service I get this error:

Connecting to the LOB system has failed. 

Could not load file or assembly 'Oracle.DataAccess, Version=2.111.7.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=89b483f429c47342' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified..

I can use SQLPlus to connect to Oracle fine with TNS. I have Oracle.DataAccess version 2.112.1.0 in the GAC. Can someone just please tell me which is the proper installer for this situation? I've dug around trying to get the 32 bit and the 64 bit of the 11g client installed and it isn't working and I REALLY REALLY do not want to waste time with something this trivial.

This is quite frustrating since this worked just fine on Server 2003 with BT2009 before I migrated over to 2010.
    • Edited by Bon Franklin Friday, April 15, 2011 7:22 PM update
    Friday, April 15, 2011 7:17 PM

Answers

• Hi Bon,

The error given is that you miss the appropriate Oracle.DataAccess assembly. You can read my blogpost BizTalk Adapter Pack 2.0: OracleBinding (you will basically have to download 11g client from OTN, post involves BTS 2009) around this or this thread on forums (if you haven't seen them yet). I know it can be painful sometimes to get this working, I usually follow instructions given in the documentation. You can also read my article in hotrod 8 as reference.

HTH

Regards,

Steef-Jan Wiggers
    MVP & MCTS BizTalk Server
    http://soa-thoughts.blogspot.com/
    If this answers your question please mark it accordingly

BizTalk
    Saturday, April 16, 2011 9:03 AM
  • Hi,

I just made an new post on WCF-Oracle Table Operations and you will need Oracle 2.112.1.0. I followed instructions given in documentation. I used 32 bit client and worked, and if you require x64 you need to install 32 bit client first (as mentioned in document).

HTH

Regards,

Steef-Jan Wiggers

BizTalk
    Monday, April 18, 2011 9:45 AM

All replies

• Hi Bon,

The error given is that you miss the appropriate Oracle.DataAccess assembly. You can read my blogpost BizTalk Adapter Pack 2.0: OracleBinding (you will basically have to download 11g client from OTN, post involves BTS 2009) around this or this thread on forums (if you haven't seen them yet). I know it can be painful sometimes to get this working, I usually follow instructions given in the documentation. You can also read my article in hotrod 8 as reference.

HTH

Regards,

Steef-Jan Wiggers

BizTalk
    Saturday, April 16, 2011 9:03 AM
  • Hi,

I just made an new post on WCF-Oracle Table Operations and you will need Oracle 2.112.1.0. I followed instructions given in documentation. I used 32 bit client and worked, and if you require x64 you need to install 32 bit client first (as mentioned in document).

HTH

Regards,

Steef-Jan Wiggers

BizTalk
    Monday, April 18, 2011 9:45 AM
  • May i know what is the solution for that. Iam facing the same issue , i build my orchestration using 2.112.1.0 still it is looking for 2.111.7.0 assembly . i am not sure how to fix. it

i appreciate any help

thanks

rameshkumar singh

Friday, August 12, 2011 6:37 PM
  • Your orchestration should need no reference to Oracle in any way. You should just construct the Oracle WCF Adapter Xml and pass it through a send port. The send port bindings then indicate that it should use the Oracle assembly to submit your message.

If you're not using it, I think the WCF LOB Adapter Pack is a great tool for generating the schemas and binding xml for this. Right click your project -> Add -> Generated Items -> Consume Adapter Service. Select OracleDbBinding, enter your credentials, server address, and update the binding info so BiztalkCompatibilityMode == true, you can adjust tuning for the connection, or set polling options/scripts.

Set it as inbound or outbound operations, select the target and the operation to perform. After that it will generate the schema and binding file.

• Edited by Bon Franklin Friday, August 12, 2011 7:22 PM more detail
    Friday, August 12, 2011 6:39 PM