source URI's have changed formatting??? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

I am also having issues as of today or maybe yesterday with source URI's it seems that the url structure now is formatted like the sample i have here http://storage.live.com/s1pIw8hIxdVhzg8UxEq31ygk_WKJaReAm5AdV2vFLu_hL6JVxDwyYF97riIGMDQd7tEfu9jXN3IUd7NO3FsnI4KTgJHSIkO3so6W14ya5GRG_CD21Q5L0aBRisCiQyKbppHG2JfMoqMfy8/artist.jpg/artist.jpg"

this uri is not valid and the extra /+file name has to be removed in order for the uri to be valid if you notice the image name is added twice i.e. artisr.jpg/artist.jpg all source uris now look like this no matter what file type it is... what can be done about this??? I am also having a problem with the download client now i always get an error and cannot download anything all this seem to have happen as of maybe 24 hrs ago or sometime today I have alot of clients complaining this is very bad I need answers as to how or what can i do to correct the issue. as far as the download client the code i am using is posted below has this changes? if not what can i do to correct this issue??

private void DownloadAlbumImage(SkydriveAlbums albumItem, string ImageID)
            {
                //MemoryStream fileContent = new MemoryStream();

LiveConnectClient downloadClient = new LiveConnectClient(App.Session);
                downloadClient.DownloadCompleted += new EventHandler<LiveDownloadCompletedEventArgs>(downloadsong_DownloadCompleted);
                downloadClient.DownloadAsync(ImageID + @"/content", albumItem);
            }

void downloadsong_DownloadCompleted(object sender, LiveDownloadCompletedEventArgs e)
            {
                if (e.Error == null)
                {
                    string _fileName = "";
                    string _filePath = "";
                    SkydriveAlbums album = (SkydriveAlbums)e.UserState;
                    MemoryStream outputStream = null;
                    outputStream = e.Result as MemoryStream;
                    if (outputStream != null)
                    {
                        _filePath = "music\\albumimages\\" + album.AlbumTitle;
                        _fileName = _filePath + "\\" + album.AlbumTitle + ".jpg";

try
                        {
                            using (var isoStore = IsolatedStorageFile.GetUserStoreForApplication())
                            {
                                if (!isoStore.DirectoryExists(_filePath))
                                    isoStore.CreateDirectory(_filePath);

BitmapImage tempimage = new BitmapImage();
                                tempimage.SetSource((outputStream));

Image tempimg = new Image();
                                tempimg.Width = 200;
                                tempimg.Height = 200;
                                tempimg.Stretch = Stretch.UniformToFill;
                                tempimg.Source = tempimage;

var wb = new WriteableBitmap(tempimg, null);
                                using (var isoFileStream = isoStore.CreateFile(_fileName))
                                {
                                    var width = wb.PixelWidth;
                                    var height = wb.PixelHeight;
                                    Extensions.SaveJpeg(wb, isoFileStream, width, height, 0, 100);
                                }
                            }

album.AlbumPictureLocal = "T";
                            album.AlbumPictureLocalUrl = _fileName;

int sortcount = SortedAlbums.Count;
                            int c = 0;

while (c < sortcount)
                            {
                                if (Albums[c].ArtistIndex == album.ArtistIndex && Albums[c].AlbumIndex == album.AlbumIndex)
                                {
                                    Albums[c].AlbumPictureLocalUrl = _fileName;
                                    Albums[c].AlbumPictureLocal = "T";
                                }

if (SortedAlbums[c].ArtistIndex == album.ArtistIndex && SortedAlbums[c].AlbumIndex == album.AlbumIndex)
                                {
                                    SortedAlbums[c].AlbumPictureLocalUrl = _fileName;
                                    SortedAlbums[c].AlbumPictureLocal = "T";
                                }
                                c++;
                            }
                        }

catch (Exception s)
                        {
                            MessageBox.Show(s.Message, "CM Error", MessageBoxButton.OK);
                        }
                    }
                }
            }

Juan Rodriguez Celltrac Software

Wednesday, January 18, 2012 5:25 AM

Answers

• The issue should now be resolved. We apologize for any inconvenience this caused you and your users. 
    Wednesday, January 18, 2012 11:50 PM

All replies

• I have reproduced the behavior you're seeing and can confirm this is a bug on our end. We have started investigating this issue and will update the forum thread as we make progress. 

Thanks for your patience. 

Wednesday, January 18, 2012 6:15 AM
  • Hi Dare

thank you for the update do we have a time frame as to when the problem is corrected My app has been published and many people are complaining I would like to give them an estimate time frame... or is there a work arround that can be done??

thank you

Juan

Wednesday, January 18, 2012 3:33 PM
  • Hi Dare

thank you for the update do we have a time frame as to when the problem is corrected My app has been published and many people are complaining I would like to give them an estimate time frame... or is there a work arround that can be done??

thank you

Juan

We're working on resolution within the next 48 hours. I will update this thread when we believe the issue has been addressed. 
    Wednesday, January 18, 2012 5:06 PM
  • The issue should now be resolved. We apologize for any inconvenience this caused you and your users. 
    Wednesday, January 18, 2012 11:50 PM
  • Thank you Dare

I can confirm that everything is working... I have one question that is non related to the problem that being .wma files don't seem to work even when i use the broswer and login to my skydrive account but .mp3 will work here are two sample uris.

http://storage.live.com/s1pgxnnNCJMlPF1DQ7kIznxCzJ8dpoqueMk1jxMbh8X6jpOqlHdB3jCCAl33kJm1Lvl1uIKIJA3c3qIT2A5ltg6bKxnY1IErylx4j50EHKN3hVb1zolkVpuR9Hun0T-HBQ9QQtPbcF3CLrX8OFYrfMuHQu-beLHWJYi/loveafterwar.wma:Binary

http://storage.live.com/s1pgxnnNCJMlPGfkeeUtGa6pcMHlzES3GUn6VdTmujaAZeyirhhEG2dZ5-JTzeepKAKq80MzVInzAA-EYVohy4kzIBc8-eQjrNgmoJZNjFYY3kH_8IXyXzOuxOGO6EWPolzuoyNE5tGVfXoxNMIpxBcfMOwW1GMkmX2/05 Love After War(1).mp3:Binary

the one ending in .mp3 works fine but the .wma will not... can you look into this???

thank you

Juan

Thursday, January 19, 2012 1:19 AM
  • Do you still see the issue? I cannot repro it. If you can still see the issue, can you be more specific about the type of wma file you use? or provide us a sample file you use.
    Thursday, January 26, 2012 1:31 AM
  • Hi Steven

yes i am still having this issue the .wma is a .wma9 256kb file and a sample can be downloaded here http://storemydigitallife.com/loveafterwar.wma

are you trying via a windows phone? or pc broswer? as the pc will play it but if you paste the url in the broswer of a windows phone it will not play... for me that is.. it also works via the skydrive app for windows phone just not the broswer..

Juan
    Thursday, January 26, 2012 2:12 AM
  • Hi Juan,

We pushed out a new build of our REST APIs last night. I have a guess as to what the underlying cause of this second issue was. If I'm right the last push we did may have fixed it. Could you please try again?

Thanks,

Matt

Thursday, January 26, 2012 9:28 PM
  • Hi Matt

tried it again and still wont stream from broswer on phone however pc broswer when prompted to download the file it does now show the correct file name and type seems real strang as the .mp3 and .aac will play with no problem just .wma from skydrive wont play i can take the same file and move it to a local server and it plays no problem...

Thursday, January 26, 2012 10:20 PM
  • Hi Matt

I take that back it now works in broswer on the phone..

Juan
    Thursday, January 26, 2012 11:01 PM
  • Great! That's excellent to hear.

Thank you again for using our service and reporting your issues to us. The rest of the team and I appreciate it.

Friday, January 27, 2012 10:07 PM