The target frame work is not supported in Blend Preview for SilverLight 5! RRS feed

• Question

• Hello everyone, I was working on blend 4 so far and I just downloaded the Blend Preview for SilverLight 5. Now the project (VS2010) which I was working on in blend 4 does not open in blend 5 and I get this error. The target frame work is not supported in Blend Preview for SilverLight 5! Any idea whats wrong? Thanks in advance :)
    Please Mark as Answered If this answers your question Or UnMark as Answered if it did not.
    Happy to Help :)
    My C# Blog
    My HTML Blog
    Tuesday, August 2, 2011 4:50 AM

Answers

• No, I was saying you can open and edit your project in VS Express. After the 60 day trial you can't use Blend for WPF/SL unless you pay for it in some way, either through MSDN or a retail copy.
    • Marked as answer by vijaykamat Tuesday, August 9, 2011 5:33 AM
    Friday, August 5, 2011 2:15 PM

All replies

• Your VS2010/Blend 4 solution is probably a SL4 project and the preview release only supports SL 5. The target framework in your solution is Silverlight 4, which is unsupported by the preview. 
    Tuesday, August 2, 2011 2:27 PM
  • Thank you chuck for the replay..

Is there any work around?

Please Mark as Answered If this answers your question Or UnMark as Answered if it did not.
    My C# Blog
    My HTML Blog
    Wednesday, August 3, 2011 3:57 AM
  • Open it in Blend 4? Is there a reason you can't open it there?
    Wednesday, August 3, 2011 2:00 PM
  • Yes I was using a trial version and 60 days of trial period ran out. Don't want to buy new as there is not much left to do except a few fixes! So thought blend 5 can solve my problem.
    My C# Blog
    My HTML Blog
    Thursday, August 4, 2011 4:33 AM
  • You can use VS Express, which is free.
    Thursday, August 4, 2011 2:17 PM
  • I have VS licence but its Pro and blend comes with premium/ultimate. Does VS express has blend?
    My C# Blog
    My HTML Blog
    Friday, August 5, 2011 4:16 AM
  • No, I was saying you can open and edit your project in VS Express. After the 60 day trial you can't use Blend for WPF/SL unless you pay for it in some way, either through MSDN or a retail copy.
    • Marked as answer by vijaykamat Tuesday, August 9, 2011 5:33 AM
    Friday, August 5, 2011 2:15 PM
  • Ok.. Thanks for the info.
    My C# Blog
    My HTML Blog
    Tuesday, August 9, 2011 5:33 AM