none
webpageposition RRS feed

• Question

• Recently I rebuilt our website with the help of Expression Web 4 that I bought some years ago. It's a non-interactive site with only HTML-pages,  meant to inform visitors. I would like to make it a bit more mobile/tablet adapted. On mobiles and tablets, when just loaded, the pages shift to the right side and are partly hidden. They can be adjusted easily by touching the screen. Can this problem be solved by a code on a css-sheet?
    Kind regards,

BertKr|
    w3.reformatorischebaptisten.nl

Monday, September 28, 2015 9:12 PM

All replies

• I assume you don't mean that "the pages shift to the right side" but that the pages don't fit on the screen.

If that's your question, the problem can be solved with media queries and CSS (and possibly some javascript).

The term you are looking for is "responsive design".  You'd need to learn how to do it, and it would involve modifying your site.  (How much modification depends on how your site is currently designed: it's a lot easier if your pages follow a common structure and if you use a site-wide CSS file where you can make the changes and additions in one place.)

Google for "responsive design tutorial", and read several before digging in: it doesn't have to be as hard as some make it out to be, so go for the simplest one first.

• Edited by KathyW2 Tuesday, September 29, 2015 12:22 AM
    Tuesday, September 29, 2015 12:20 AM