why less file is not generating changes in min file ? RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I have Premium version of Visual Studion 2013 and I have installed Web Essentials 2013 . I restarted the VS 2013 2 times even though I am unable to generate changes in min.css file when I modify in main css file.Can you please suggest the reason for the same ?

I also observed that right click of less file > Web Essentials and all the options are disabled as below – what can be the wrong in settting ? 

Please help me out for the above issue as I am unable to find out the root cause.Your help will be highly appreciated.

Thanks and Regards,

Dipti Chhatrapati

Monday, March 24, 2014 2:15 PM

Answers

• Hi Dipti ,

Thank you for visiting here!

According to your description, your problem is how to use Web Essentials 2013.

In order to reproduce this issue, I have installed Web Essentials 2013 without changing any setting. I create a web application and I don't meet with the problem you mentioned. Here is the screenshot below.

If you want to do some setting of Web Essentials, Please click

Tools -> options -> Web Essentials.

Moreover, please read this blog "Making Web Development Wonderful Again with Web Essentials" and watch this video "Web Essentials 2013 Preview".

As this forum is to help others develop their visual studio extension rather than help with the direction of the extension created by others. If they can not help you, please ask this issue in this page under "Q AND A". Mads Kristensen who create the extension will help you out.

Thank you for your understanding!

Best regards,

Sunny

• Marked as answer by Anna Cc Friday, March 28, 2014 5:34 AM
    Tuesday, March 25, 2014 5:52 AM
  • Hi Sunny,

Thanks for your reply, however the reason behind it - Missing mapped file :) 

Though, I have done as follow :

1. Installed ultimate Version 2013.

2. Set Compiles Files on Build option as true.

3. updated less file and build the project that has actually generated map file and changes in min files.

4. set Compiles Files on Build option as false as Compiles Files on Save is already set as true which will work now on wards.

I hope its helpful !

Kind Regards,

Dipti

Dipti Chhatrapati

• Marked as answer by Anna Cc Friday, March 28, 2014 5:35 AM
    • Edited by Dipti Chhatrapati Friday, March 28, 2014 11:10 AM
    Thursday, March 27, 2014 10:30 AM

All replies

• Hi Dipti ,

Thank you for visiting here!

According to your description, your problem is how to use Web Essentials 2013.

In order to reproduce this issue, I have installed Web Essentials 2013 without changing any setting. I create a web application and I don't meet with the problem you mentioned. Here is the screenshot below.

If you want to do some setting of Web Essentials, Please click

Tools -> options -> Web Essentials.

Moreover, please read this blog "Making Web Development Wonderful Again with Web Essentials" and watch this video "Web Essentials 2013 Preview".

As this forum is to help others develop their visual studio extension rather than help with the direction of the extension created by others. If they can not help you, please ask this issue in this page under "Q AND A". Mads Kristensen who create the extension will help you out.

Thank you for your understanding!

Best regards,

Sunny

• Marked as answer by Anna Cc Friday, March 28, 2014 5:34 AM
    Tuesday, March 25, 2014 5:52 AM
  • Hi Sunny,

Thanks for your time, I have reconfigured the settings as below :

However, Issue remained same - would you please let me know what else I need to change ?

Thanks and Regards,

Dipti Chhatrapati

Tuesday, March 25, 2014 9:28 AM
  • Hi Dipti,

I paste my screenshots of the two settings below. They look different.

Best regards,

Sunny

Tuesday, March 25, 2014 9:59 AM
  • Hi Sunny,

Thanks to send your settings, I have applied the same as you have done - But no luck !

can you please let me know which version of visual studio are you using ?

Is it professional/premium/utlimate ?

Thanks and Regards,

Dipti Chhatrapati

Tuesday, March 25, 2014 11:12 AM
  • Hi Dipti,

I use visual studio ultimate 2013.

Best regards,

Sunny 

Wednesday, March 26, 2014 1:30 AM
  • Hi Sunny,

Thanks for your reply, however the reason behind it - Missing mapped file :) 

Though, I have done as follow :

1. Installed ultimate Version 2013.

2. Set Compiles Files on Build option as true.

3. updated less file and build the project that has actually generated map file and changes in min files.

4. set Compiles Files on Build option as false as Compiles Files on Save is already set as true which will work now on wards.

I hope its helpful !

Kind Regards,

Dipti

Dipti Chhatrapati

• Marked as answer by Anna Cc Friday, March 28, 2014 5:35 AM
    • Edited by Dipti Chhatrapati Friday, March 28, 2014 11:10 AM
    Thursday, March 27, 2014 10:30 AM
  • Hi,

I'm glad to hear that you got it working!

Thank you for sharing your solutions & experience here, it will be very beneficial for other community members who have similar questions.

Best regards,

Sunny

Friday, March 28, 2014 5:37 AM