none
[UWP]Need some info through protocol without launching the app. RRS feed

• Question

• I have 2 apps UWP and WPF (or any other type). My app is in maximized state and just launch the third party app as a full screen but after launching third party app its send some info to UWP app through protocol which I am receiving OnActivated event but when I get info, my UWp app get launched which I need to prevent because its affecting to third party app which already launched. In this case UWP comes over third party app. 

Can I get info through protocol without going over third party app which already in active mode ?

sandeep chauhan

Tuesday, April 2, 2019 2:10 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Based on your words, you said are using protocol to send information and you will trigger the OnActivated event. You are using protocol to launch your UWP app, right? If so, the answer is NO. The act that using protocol is designed to launch the app. Sending information is not the main use of this feature. This could not be ignored.

Best regards,

Roy

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, April 3, 2019 6:57 AM