View the source of a running Metro app RRS feed

• Question

• I've gotten a little Metro web app running and I'm trying to style it, but since I'm using the WinJS.UI.ListView controls an stuff, I want to be able to see the HTML that is generated at run time. Normally I'd fire up Firebug or something like that, but in a Metro app I obviously can't do that. So is there anyway to view the source of a running Metro app?
    Wednesday, September 14, 2011 8:32 PM

Answers

• In Visual Studio you can use the DOM Explorer which will show the running DOM and shows the style tracing view. From VS you can go to the Debug -> Windows -> DOM Explorer to bring the window to the foreground. The window should also be in the document well (labeled "DOM Explorer") in VS by default when you launch a Metro style JavaScript app.
    Wednesday, September 14, 2011 9:20 PM

All replies

• In Visual Studio you can use the DOM Explorer which will show the running DOM and shows the style tracing view. From VS you can go to the Debug -> Windows -> DOM Explorer to bring the window to the foreground. The window should also be in the document well (labeled "DOM Explorer") in VS by default when you launch a Metro style JavaScript app.
    Wednesday, September 14, 2011 9:20 PM
  • Sweet. Thanks Andy!
    Sunday, September 18, 2011 5:14 PM