My hosted app "hangs" for the tester and not for me... what can I do ? RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I try -with no avail- to publish an hosted app in the store (target: Windows 10 desktop, 2 attempts).

The review result is :

"10.3 App Is Not Testable
    The app hangs while trying to load.

Steps to Reproduce:
    1. Launch the app.
    2. Notice that the app hangs while trying to load."

Problem : I can't notice this, because the app doesn't hang when I launch it.

• Tested from VS 2015 (F5) => the app doesn't hang.
    • Tested with the App Certification Kit => result = Success, and the app doesn't hang during the tests.
    • Tested from the Start menu after having installed the package => the app doesn't hang.

It is an hosted app with a basic package. I've properly filled the StartPage and Content URI fields with the base url of the app in package.appxmanifest:

<Application Id="App" StartPage="http://fundox.free.fr/dkt/"> ...... <uap:ApplicationContentUriRules> <uap:Rule Match="http://fundox.free.fr/dkt/" Type="include" WindowsRuntimeAccess="all" /> </uap:ApplicationContentUriRules> ...... </Application>

The web app works, it is a multiplayer game and 60 players are currently connected. Some of them use Microsoft Edge.

To summarize: the app "hangs" for the tester, it doesn't hang for me, and I am at a loss. I don't know what I should change in the manifest.

- Are subdomains forbidden in the start URL (but in this case: why is it accepted by the certification kit ?)

- Is http forbidden in the start URL ? (following the doc, it is allowed +  same remark as above)

- Could the web host (free.fr) be blacklisted in the environment of the tester? Why? Is there anywhere a list of such blacklisted domains?

Thanks for your help.

• Edited by Patatruc Wednesday, October 19, 2016 12:01 PM
    Wednesday, October 19, 2016 10:28 AM

All replies

• Hi Patatruc,

As far as I know, testers may test your app with a device not connected to the internet. So that they can simulate a situation that users run your app without internet .

So could you test with internet connection disabled on your device to check if there is something wrong this part? If you have done that before and it works fine, maybe you could try making a video to show how you do your test and letting testers know about it with a link .And another submission with such information  may help. You could add that link at “Notes for certification” on your dashboard which looks like below:

Best Regards,

Cherry Bu.

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Thursday, October 20, 2016 10:07 AM
  • Hello and thanks for your reply.

Since it is an hosted app, it can't work of course without a connection. If testers test hosted apps (<Capability Name="internetClient" /> in the manifest and Startpage = remote URL) with a device which is not connected, there is something wrong in the certification process.

I have sent an email to the developer support, wait and see...

Thanks again.

Friday, October 21, 2016 3:22 PM