none
Missing server express RRS feed

• Question

• I need to install sql server express to be used by both Visual Studio 2015 and SQL Server Management Studio that are currently installed. It comes up as unavailable when I try to obtain it at the MS download center.

Saturday, August 1, 2020 7:31 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hi elisch123,

Microsoft SQL Server 2019 Express
    https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/sql-server/sql-server-downloads

Microsoft SQL Server 2017 Express
    https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=55994

Best Regards,
    Cris

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

• Marked as answer by elisch123 Monday, August 3, 2020 6:24 PM
    Monday, August 3, 2020 2:27 AM
  • Thank you very much for your reply.  I finally established a connection through VS2015 after failing to

do so in SSMS.  Actually it was my second installation of SSMS.  I had tried every combination of responses to the connection screen getting the same rejection error every time.  Finally when I returned to VS, everything clicked indicating the connection had been made but wrongly indicated the failures. 

Monday, August 3, 2020 7:27 PM
  • Hi elisch123,

Tanks for your reply.

So you have successfully installed an instance of SQL Server, but cannot connect to this instance from SSMS? Is it a local connection or a remote connection? Please display the error message from SSMS  for further diagnosis.

Best Regards,
    Cris

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

• Marked as answer by elisch123 Friday, August 7, 2020 8:00 PM
    Tuesday, August 4, 2020 1:02 AM
  • Everything is now good Cris.  
    Friday, August 7, 2020 8:01 PM