none
VSTO Deployment Error Excel Add-in RRS feed

Answers

• Hello,

>>My excel add-in is not visible in control panel to uninstall

I think you delete the registry key for the add-in in the HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Unistall\..

>>I have also tried deleting all the files under users local app data but it still doesn't solve the problem.

After you delete all the files under users local app data, do you still get the error above?

You could use VSTO Installer command to uninstall the add-in if it is not listed in control panel. Please visit vsto add-in not in add/remove programs

If the add-in is broken after your delete some related file, to remove it completely, you also need to delete all related registry keys under:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Office\Excel\Addins\
    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\VSTO\SolutionMetadata\
    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\VSTA\Solutions\
    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Unistall\
    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Classes\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Deployment\SideBySide\2.0\

Regards,

Celeste

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

• Marked as answer by StSingh Wednesday, December 5, 2018 11:20 AM
    Monday, May 1, 2017 3:36 AM