NIC Teaming for SQL Server 2008 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

i have 2 SQL Servers 2008 installed on seperate Server 2012 R2, and i would like to create a Nic teams on the servers. what is the best practice for that?

it is 4 nics on each server and they ar conencted in 2 seperate switches 2 nics in each switch from each server.

should i run LACP?

//Mathias

Tuesday, January 16, 2018 9:18 AM

All replies

• Hi Mathias,

>>should i run LACP?

You definitely should use LACP whenever it’s possible, for both redundancy and better throughput.

>>what is the best practice for that?

I don’t think there’s a best practice for LACP from SQL Server side, but you may found it in a Windows/Networking forum. SQL Server, by itself, does not really aware your network configuration, it just uses whatever NIC that the OS offers. The only network setting I can think of in SQL Server is the network packet size, which may or may not relevant in this scenario.

If you have any other questions, please let me know.

Regards,

Lin

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, January 17, 2018 2:30 AM