Add new site image. RRS feed

• Question

• I have created a subsite. Then the default Window SharePointServices logo is created as the Site Image in a right web part. However, in an attempt to replace it with my own Site Image, I accidentaly removed it. As I have put some work into the Site already, I would like to avoid deleting and rebuilding it.

How can I create a web part for a new Site Image and insert an image of my choice?

Wednesday, March 23, 2011 11:00 AM

Answers

• you can go to siteActions->edit page and then you will get the option of add a webpart at the right hand side webpart location and then add the image webpart there. 

After adding the webpart you can modify the properties of that webpart. but be sure that the image which you want to display there ,should be under the images folder of lib.

Thanks -NK
    • Proposed as answer by Arup Biswas Friday, March 25, 2011 7:21 AM
    • Marked as answer by David HM Thursday, March 31, 2011 1:34 AM
    Wednesday, March 23, 2011 11:12 AM
  • Hi,

According to your description, after removing the image, take a look at the options in the column to the right. There are several Web part galleries. Web parts are the building blocks of SharePoint Web sites. You'll create your custom site by adding, removing, and customizing Web parts. By default, the only Web part galleries that contain any Web parts are your personal gallery and an online gallery.
    To place your corporate logo on the site, select your personal gallery. Now take a look at the main portion of the screen. You'll notice that there are two zones; Left and Right. You can place Web parts into these two zones only. All other areas of the page are protected. Therefore, you can forget about being able to place your corporate logo in the page header unless you do some HTML editing.
    To add an image to the home page, select the Image Web Part and drag it to the Left zone. Click the Open The Tool Pane link. You'll now be able to enter the URL for the image, along with information regarding the image size and placement.
    Please have a try.

Best Regards
    David Hu

• Marked as answer by Emir Liu Thursday, March 31, 2011 1:36 AM
    Friday, March 25, 2011 1:25 AM

All replies

• you can go to siteActions->edit page and then you will get the option of add a webpart at the right hand side webpart location and then add the image webpart there. 

After adding the webpart you can modify the properties of that webpart. but be sure that the image which you want to display there ,should be under the images folder of lib.

Thanks -NK
    • Proposed as answer by Arup Biswas Friday, March 25, 2011 7:21 AM
    • Marked as answer by David HM Thursday, March 31, 2011 1:34 AM
    Wednesday, March 23, 2011 11:12 AM
  • Hi,

According to your description, after removing the image, take a look at the options in the column to the right. There are several Web part galleries. Web parts are the building blocks of SharePoint Web sites. You'll create your custom site by adding, removing, and customizing Web parts. By default, the only Web part galleries that contain any Web parts are your personal gallery and an online gallery.
    To place your corporate logo on the site, select your personal gallery. Now take a look at the main portion of the screen. You'll notice that there are two zones; Left and Right. You can place Web parts into these two zones only. All other areas of the page are protected. Therefore, you can forget about being able to place your corporate logo in the page header unless you do some HTML editing.
    To add an image to the home page, select the Image Web Part and drag it to the Left zone. Click the Open The Tool Pane link. You'll now be able to enter the URL for the image, along with information regarding the image size and placement.
    Please have a try.

Best Regards
    David Hu

• Marked as answer by Emir Liu Thursday, March 31, 2011 1:36 AM
    Friday, March 25, 2011 1:25 AM