none
Microsoft Reporting Services RRS feed

• General discussion

• I find it hard to believe that Microsoft as of yet has not built in a import layout from word/excel into Visual Studio Business Intelligence...

I have tried to find a HOW TO for this in the forums, but came to the conclusion that it can not be done.

I suggest that this is added as a tool into a future version of Reporting Services / Visual Studio, so that an existing Excel report can be used to design the layout of a new Reporting Services Report.

Stefan Alenius, Sweden

Wednesday, March 27, 2013 2:31 PM

All replies

• I find it hard to believe that Microsoft as of yet has not built in a import layout from word/excel into Visual Studio Business Intelligence...

I have tried to find a HOW TO for this in the forums, but came to the conclusion that it can not be done.

I suggest that this is added as a tool into a future version of Reporting Services / Visual Studio, so that an existing Excel report can be used to design the layout of a new Reporting Services Report.

Stefan Alenius, Sweden

I forgot to add that this forum-thread says it would be a nice feature - not only something I think it seems...

http://forums.asp.net/t/1222355.aspx

http://forums.asp.net/post/2194800.aspx

Feb 25, 2008 07:39 PM|LINK

If you're asking whether you can import a Word document to use as a template for layout, the answer is No. That would really be nice. I do not know if there's a third party tool for importing, but the only importing you can do by default are reports in Access.

Wednesday, March 27, 2013 2:33 PM
  • Hi Darlanio,

Thank you for posting in the MSDN Forum.

I'll report your request internal. Since your thread doesn't contains any question, I'll change it into general discussion.

Thank you for your understanding.

Best regards,

Quist Zhang [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Develop and promote your apps in Windows Store
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Friday, March 29, 2013 11:26 AM