none
Can I access Microsoft.Office.Interop.Excel from a .NET web server? RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

We are presently migrating from an ASP to an ASP.NET platform (web server with clients accessing our intranet via IE) and have lots of code that utilized the Office Web components primarily for Excel. I would like to take advantage of the Microsoft.Office.Interop.Excel functionality but am led to believe(from our .NET tech group in house) that Microsoft forbids installing this on a server.

If this is true can someone point me in the directio of a suitable alternative. If this is not accurate, can someone please describe what we need to do so I can pass it along to the techies that manage the server.

Thanks

Pete

Friday, May 1, 2009 2:34 PM

Answers

• Yes, Microsoft does not recommend or support server-side Automation of Office.

Here is a kb article talking about server-side Automation of Office: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx/kb/257757

Hope it helps, if not, I'd recommend you to use forums.asp.net for better luck.

Thanks.
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    Welcome to the All-In-One Code Framework! If you have any feedback, please tell us.
    Send us any feedback you have about the help from MSFT at fbmsdn@microsoft.com
    • Marked as answer by Figo Fei Thursday, May 7, 2009 2:27 AM
    Monday, May 4, 2009 8:36 AM