none
Filling out a form in an email and recording the data points in a database/workbook RRS feed

• Question

• I originally posted this in the Microsoft Forum and was directed here by a moderator.

Many of my requests to internal business partners begin through an email with required information similar to below:

Requestor:
    Complete by:
    Additional Notes:

This has generally served us well (through email templates), but I was wondering if there was a way I could connect this 'form' to a database to record the entry as the email is sent to certain teams. This way we could have an aggregated view of all requests that come through instead of manually keeping track.

I've been researching forms and some integration with Access, but wasn't sure if this was the right path or if it was even possible. Has anyone come up across a solution to this?

Thanks in advance!

Monday, April 16, 2018 1:27 PM

All replies

• Hello Sagar.Patel,

>>I was wondering if there was a way I could connect this 'form' to a database to record the entry as the email is sent to certain teams

It seems that you need collect some information once a receiver received your mail, right? If so, first at all, the mail itself could not have the function to collection information. You need use some tools or code which deployed on the receiver side. It may be an VBA macro or VSTO add-in or something other.

You could try to check if below links helpful.

Getting Started with VBA in Outlook 2010

Walkthrough: Creating Your First VSTO Add-In for Outlook

Best Regards,

Terry

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, April 17, 2018 9:16 AM