WebMatrix2 failing to run any node.js apps RRS feed

• Question

• User501134706 posted

I'm getting two different IIS errors depending on which node.js template I've used.

Blank

HTTP Error 500.21 - Internal Server Error
    Handler "iisnode" has a bad module "iisnode" in its module list

Express MVC

HTTP Error 500.19 - Internal Server Error
    The requested page cannot be accessed because the related configuration data for the page is invalid.

I've tested other languages/frameworks i.e. MVC4 and PHP, both template sites work fine.

I'm currently running Windows XP/SP3 (yes), Visual Studio 2010 Pro and IIS Express 7.5 were already installed before I setup WebMatrix2.

Saturday, June 9, 2012 6:11 AM

Answers

• User-83132236 posted
    Sadly, right now IISNode does not support Windows XP. When you create a site using node.js on XP, you're supposed to get a message stating as much - it looks like that didn't work. Which template did you use? For now, this means you need to run your node application from the command line, and manually navigate to the site in the browser. We apologize for the inconvenience while we get this sorted out.
    • Marked as answer by Anonymous Tuesday, September 28, 2021 12:00 AM
    Tuesday, June 12, 2012 6:34 PM

All replies

• User-83132236 posted
    Sadly, right now IISNode does not support Windows XP. When you create a site using node.js on XP, you're supposed to get a message stating as much - it looks like that didn't work. Which template did you use? For now, this means you need to run your node application from the command line, and manually navigate to the site in the browser. We apologize for the inconvenience while we get this sorted out.
    • Marked as answer by Anonymous Tuesday, September 28, 2021 12:00 AM
    Tuesday, June 12, 2012 6:34 PM
  • User2115972507 posted

I have a similar problem. I am using Windows7 and the latest version of WebMatrix2. When i try to run a node.js app i always get error 500.0 . Even when i try to run the templates. But when i try to run it with CMD ( node server.js ) everything works fine.

Saturday, July 14, 2012 12:44 PM
  • User-83132236 posted
    This sounds like a problem with IISNode. Do you get any details with your 500 error? Could you check your application event log, and see if there are any errors in there?
    Monday, July 16, 2012 1:20 PM
  • User2115972507 posted

I tried to reinstall iisnode and it's still not working. I was unable to find any errors related to iisnode or webmatrix in the event log.

Module     iisnode
    Notification     ExecuteRequestHandler
    Handler         iisnode
    Error Code     0x000003eb
    Requested URL    http://localhost:14300/server.js
    Physical Path       C:\Users\Tomaž\Documents\My Web Sites\Starter Site7\server.js
    Logon Method       Anonymous
    Logon User       Anonymous
    Request Tracing Directory       C:\Users\Tomaž\Documents\IISExpress\TraceLogFiles\STARTER SITE7

Tuesday, July 17, 2012 2:16 AM
  • User2115972507 posted
    I just realised, its maybe my username because of the letter ž. I created 2  new user accounts in windows. 1 with no special characters and one with the letter ž. Aand its working only on that with no ž! It  looks like this is the reason
    Tuesday, July 17, 2012 2:44 AM